Drug Side Effects Include Memory Loss
Have you felt like your memory is cloudy?
Are you forgetting many things and simply blaming it on age?
Perhaps you are overlooking the fact that many medications have been linked to memory and confusion issues.
Consumer Report’s “On Health” newsletter released a report detailing the many drugs that are known to cause thinking problems in some users.
“On Health” notes that memory problems are more acute in drug users who are older, weigh less than average, or have kidney or liver problems.
Some nutrients have also been linked to improving memory and brain function. For a full report from Russell Blaylock — Go Here Now.
Drugs That May Interfere in Thinking and Memory:
- Antiarrhythmics: Digoxin (Lanoxin), disepyramide (Norpace)
- Antibiotics and antivirals: Acyclovir (Zovirax), ciprofloxacin (Cipro), ganciclovir (Cytovene), metronidazole (Flagyl)
- Antihistamines: Chlorpheniramine (ChlorTrimeton), dimenhydrinate (Dramamine), diphenhydramine (Benadryl Allergy)
- Antihypertensives: Clonidine (Catapres) and beta blockers, such as atenolol (Tenormin), metoprolol (Lopressor), and propranolol (Inderal)
- Corticosteroids: Methylprednisolone (Medrol, Meprolone), prednisone (Deltasone, Orasone)
- Cough and congestion medications: Dextromethorphan (Robitussin Cough Gels), pseudoephedrine (Sudafed)
- Gastrointestinal medications: Cimetidine (Tagamet), diphenoxylate (combined with atropine in Lofene, Lomotil), dicyclomine (Bentyl), glycopyrrolate (Robinul), hyoscyamine (Anaspaz, Cystospaz), scopolamine (Scopace)
- Incontinence medications: Oxybutynin (Ditropan), solifenacin (VESlcare), tolterodine (Detrol)
- Migraine medications:Naratriptan (Amerge), rizatriptan (Maxalt)
- Muscle relaxants: Cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril), orphenadrine (Antiflex)
- Painkillers: Codeine (generic); meperidine (Demerol), pentazocine (Talwin), propoxyphene (Darvon)
- Parkinson’s medications: Amantadine (Symmetrel), levodopa (Sinemet), selegiline (Eldepryl)
- Sleep medications: Eszopiclone (Lunesta), zaleplon (Sonata), zolpidem (Ambien CR)
- Tricyclic antidepressants: Amitriptyline (Elavil), imipramine (Tofranil), notriptyline (Pamelor)